Byzanthin Hostel COMMITMENT TO PROTECTING PRIVACY
Because we consider you an important customer, our first priority is to offer you an exceptional stay. Your complete satisfaction and confidence in Byzanthin Hostel are absolutely essential to us. That's why, as part of our commitment to meeting your expectations, we have set up a customer privacy protection policy. The following formalizes our commitments to you and describes how Byzanthin Hostel uses your personal data.
"Personal data" means any information collected and logged in a format that allows you to be identified personally, either directly (e.g. name) or indirectly (e.g. telephone number) as a natural person. Before providing us with this information, we recommend that you read this document describing our customer privacy protection policy.
This Personal Data Protection Policy forms part of the terms and conditions that govern our hostel services. By accepting these terms and conditions, you expressly accept the provisions of this Policy.
OUR PRINCIPLES FOR PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- When collecting and processing your personal data, we will communicate all information to you and inform you of the purpose and recipients of the data;
- We will collect and process your personal data only for the purposes described in this Policy;
- We will only collect personal data that is necessary for data processing. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data we hold is accurate and up to date;
- We will hold your personal data for the period necessary for processing the same in compliance with the provisions of the law;
- You may access, modify, correct or delete your personal data. You may also oppose the use of your personal data, particularly to avoid receiving sales and marketing information. The details of the department to contact in this respect are shown below, in the clause "Access and modification";
- We will ensure reasonable technical and organizational measures are in place to protect your personal data against alteration or accidental or unlawful loss, or unauthorized use, disclosure or access.
SCOPE OF APPLICATION
This Policy applies:
- To all data processing implemented in our hostel;
WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED?
At various times, we will be obliged to ask you, as a Byzanthin Hostel customer, for information about you and/or members of your family, such as:
- Contact details (for example, last name, first name, telephone number, email);
- Personal information (for example, date of birth, nationality);
- Information relating to your children (for example, first name, date of birth, age);
- Your credit card number (for transaction and reservation purposes);
- Your arrival and departure dates;
- Your preferences and interests (for example, smoking or non-smoking room, preferred floor, type of bedding, type of newspapers/magazines, sports, cultural interests);
- Your questions/comments, during or following a stay in one of our locations;
- The information collected in relation to persons under 18 years of age is limited to their name, nationality and date of birth, which can only be supplied to us by an adult. We would be grateful if you could ensure that your children do not send us any personal data without your consent (particularly via the Internet). If such data is sent, you can contact us to arrange for this information to be deleted.
We do not deliberately collect sensitive information, such as information concerning race, ethnicity, political opinions, religious and philosophical beliefs, union membership, or details of health or sexual orientation.
Moreover, depending on applicable local laws, other information could be considered sensitive, such as your credit card number, your leisure activities, personal activities and hobbies, and whether or not you are a smoker. We may be obliged to collect such information in order to meet your requirements or provide you with an appropriate service, such as a specific diet.
WHEN IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
Personal data may be collected on a variety of occasions, including:
- Booking a room;
- Checking-in and paying;
- Eating/drinking at the hostel during a stay;
- Requests, complaints and/or disputes.
Participation in marketing programs or events:
- Signing up for loyalty programs;
- Participation in customer surveys (for example, Guest Satisfaction Survey);
- Online games or competitions;
- Subscription to newsletters, in order to receive offers and promotions via email.
Transmission of information from third parties:
Tour operators, travel agencies, GDS reservation systems, and others.
- Connection to Byzanthin Hostel websites (IP address, cookies);
- Online forms (online reservation, questionnaires, Byzanthin Hostel pages on social networks, network login devices such as Facebook login etc.).
FOR WHAT PURPOSES?
We collect your personal data for the purposes of:
- Meeting our obligations to our customers;
- Managing the reservation of rooms and accommodation requests;
- Creation and storage of legal documents in compliance with accounting standards.
Managing your stay at the hostel:
- Monitoring your use of services (telephone, bar, pay TV etc.);
- Managing access to rooms;
- Internal management of lists of customers having behaved inappropriately during their stay at the hostel (aggressive and anti-social behavior, non-compliance with the hostel contract, non-compliance with safety regulations, theft, damage and vandalism, or payment incidents).
Improving our hostel service, especially:
- Processing your personal data in our customer marketing program in order to carry out marketing operations, promote brands and gain a better understanding of your requirements and wishes;
- Adapting our products and services to better meet your requirements;
- Customizing commercial offers and the promotional messages we send to you Informing you of special offers and any new services.
Managing our relationship with customers before, during and after your stay
Managing the loyalty program
- Providing details for the customer database;
- Segmentation operations based on reservation history and customer travel preferences with a view to sending targeted communications;
- Developing statistics and commercial scores, and carrying out reporting;
- Providing context data for the offer push tool when a customer visits a RH website or makes a reservation;
- Knowing and managing the preferences of new or repeat customers;
- Sending you newsletters, promotions and tourist, hostel or service offers, or contacting you by telephone;
- Managing requests to unsubscribe from newsletters, promotions, tourist offers and satisfaction surveys;
- Taking into account the right to object;
- Use a trusted third party to cross-check, analyze and apply certain devices to your collected data at the time of booking or at the time of your stay, in order to determine your interests and your customer profile, and to allow us to send you personalized offers.
Improving Byzanthin Hostel services, especially:
- Carrying out surveys and analyses of questionnaires and customer comments;
- Managing claims/complaints.
Securing and enhancing your use of Byzanthin Hostel website, especially:
- Improving navigation;
- Implementing security and fraud prevention;
- Conforming to local legislation (for example, storing of accounting documents).
CONDITIONS OF THIRD-PARTY ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
To guarantee you the right of access and amendment, we have to share your personal data with internal and external recipients subject to the following conditions:
A. Within Byzanthin Hostel, in order to offer you the best service, we can share your personal data and give access to authorized personnel, including:
- hostel staff;
- Reservation staff;
- IT department;
- Commercial partners and marketing services;
- Medical services if applicable;
- Legal services if applicable;
- Generally, any appropriate person within Byzanthin Hostel, for certain specific categories of personal data.
B. With service providers and partners: your personal data may be sent to a third party for the purposes of supplying you with services and improving your stay, for example:
- External service providers: IT sub-contractors, international call centers, banks, credit card issuers, external lawyers, dispatchers, printers;
- Commercial partners: Byzanthin Hostel may, unless you specify otherwise, enhance your profile by sharing certain personal information with its preferred commercial partners. In this case, a trusted third party may cross-check, analyze and apply certain devices to your data. This data processing will allow Byzanthin Hostel to determine your interests and your customer profile and will allow us to send you personalized offers;
- Social networking sites: Byzanthin Hostel may communicate your email address to Facebook in order to identify whether you are already a Facebook user, in order to post personalized and relevant ads on your Facebook account if appropriate.
C. Local authorities: We may also be obliged to send your information to local authorities if this is required by law or as part of an inquiry and in accordance with local regulations.
Byzanthin Hostel takes appropriate technical and organizational measures, in accordance with applicable legal provisions, to protect your personal data against illicit or accidental destruction, accidental alteration or loss, and unauthorized access or disclosure. To this end, we have taken technical measures and organizational.
STORAGE OF DATA
We retain your personal data only for the period necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy or in accordance with the provisions of applicable law.
ACCESS AND MODIFICATION
You have the right to access your personal data collected by Byzanthin Hostel and to modify it subject to applicable legal provisions.
You may also exercise your right to object by writing to the address below.
In the event of difficulty exercising your rights, please contact the Byzanthin Hostel directly by sending an email to email@example.com.